20 Questions with Jamie Kolnick
1. What’s your favorite place in the entire world?
The Hostel in the Forest in the South of Georgia. A magical little place where you are disconnected from the rest of the world and stay in little tree houses, frolic around the farm, eat delicious food from the earth and do some swimming in the community lake (maybe without clothes on lol) Though this was PRE KIDS, so you will definitely find me in a full body one suit if I return anytime soon!
2. What’s the best parenting advice you’ve ever received?
Happy Mama, Happy babies! Self care all the way.
3. Do you have any pets?
No, but I love animals! I had a cocker spaniel and yorkshire terrier growing up.
4. What is something you are grateful for today?
My positive attitude and health.
5. First thing you do in the morning?
Cuddled with my son Zach who woke me up and then I Meditated. I have been practicing Transcendental Meditation for 12 years.
6. What is your biggest goal right now?
To publish my comedic coming of age memoir about loss and see it gain success!
7. Last person you hugged?
My son, Zach
8. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
An Actress on Broadway
9. What is your claim to fame?
When Lebron James took a picture with me and my husband on our wedding day and the picture went viral.
10. What are you saving money for right now?
A diamond band (hint hint Shaun push gift)
11. What’s your favorite brunch item?
Toasted bagel with eggs turkey bacon and cheese
12. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
My mother, Cheryl.
13. What’s your biggest day-to-day challenge?
Dealing with tantrums currently!
14. When have you given up on something?
I once had a toxic friend and had to drift away from our friendship.
15. What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
A balance between fun activities with my kids and one on one time with my husband, ie date night or day date!
16. How did you meet your best friends?
I have been blessed with many amazing friends throughout my life, but some of my best friends who I am still close with today I met at Pinecrest Elementary in Miami, FL.
17. Do you think you could live in another country?
YES temporarily. I love to travel but I also am a creature of comfort so tend to gravitate towards what I know for the permanent living sitch. Hence my recent move from NYC back to Miami!
18. What gift have you received that you will always treasure?
My mom had gifted a library of children’s books to a friend of hers and said that whenever I had children to please give them to me. After my mom passed away her friend, Charlotte, gifted me the whole lots of books with the note from my mom saying to pass them along to me.
19. Night owl or morning person?
Night owl. You can ask Shaun about my many organizing projects at 11 PM.
20. Favorite music genre?