20 Questions with Kristjana Hillberg
Meet Kristjana Hillberg - a South Dakota based military spouse, public relations pro, and parent to three kiddos (one of whom she co-parents - and drives drive back and forth across the state every other weekend for drop offs/pick ups!)
When she's not consulting with her clients on podcast and media placement, she enjoys thrifting and eating scones at the local bakery.
She has a pretty cool claim to fame too - but you'll have to read her responses to her 20 Questions here to find out what it is!
(And don't forget to follow along on her day-in-the-life tomorrow, Friday May 14th, on our Instagram!)
- What’s your favorite place in the entire world?
I haven’t traveled the world (yet) but out of ALL of the places I’ve visited, I truly fell in love with the Dominican Republic. I loved the vibe. The locals. EVERYTHING! I went for a circus retreat...my flexibility was on point in that heat!
- What’s the best parenting advice you’ve ever received?
Each one of your babies is different. Make sure and parent them the way they need to be parented.
- Do you have any pets?
Our fierce tiger kitty, Fiona!
- What is something you’re grateful for today?
My husband. I don’t tell him enough, but having him as a partner...a true partner is so comforting. I know he’s always in my corner. He makes me laugh & helps me grow...it’s my favorite thing.
- First thing I do in the morning:
Make a latte :)
- What’s your biggest goal in life right now?
To create impact. To help others tell their stories!
- Last person you hugged?
My 8 year old girl Lily.
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
A Broadway star!!
- What’s your claim to fame?
I’ve been an aerialist in the circus!
- What are you saving money for right now?
Paying off our truck.
- What’s your favorite brunch item?
Ooooooo….either pancakes or eggs benedict! (and obvi, mimosa!)
- Who has been the most influential person in your life?
So many people have touched my life. Depending on the time & decade, I’d say the most consistent person has been my mentor Alison.
- What’s your biggest day-to-day challenge?
Time blocking & preserving my energy. :)
- When have you given up on something?
I don’t give up too quickly...I gave up on the hope that everyone would like me or be attracted to the vibe I put out. It used to really matter to me. Now I try to really focus on alignment & intention around everything.
- What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
Teaching a barre class, sipping coffee with Kurt, playing with the kids, going on a family outing, and game night!
- How did you meet your best friends?
College. We each live in a different state, but we’re just as close as we were at 19.
- Do you think you could live in another country?
- What gift have you received that you will always treasure?
A piece of artwork that my girlfriend Jeanine made. I was at her home & commented on it, and a few months later she gifted it to me.
- Night owl or morning person?
Neither...but I’d much rather wake up early than stay up late...UNLESS it’s laughing with my besties.
- Favorite music genre?
Gosh...all of it! I love music. I can get down to almost anything.