The BEST Mother's Day Quiche Recipe
Something about quarantine has me really ramping up my at-home brunch game (possibly fancy breakfast food is just an excuse to drink mimosas...). This one was so easy and seriously delicious, and such a great way to spoil the mama in your life this Mother's Day.
(with Optional Hashbrown Crust and Dairy Free/Gluten Free substitutions)
* One frozen pie crust (Because Remy is Celiac, I use a Gluten Free crust from Bristol Farms)
* 3 Cups Frozen Hash Browns, thawed and smooshed down with a papertowel to remove as much water as possible. (Yes, smooshed is the technical term...)
* 4 TBLS Butter, melted (or dairy free alternative, I use Earth's Best)
* 8 Eggs
* 1 Cup Milk (I use Almond Milk but really any milk will do)
* 2 Cups Spinach, Chopped
* 6 Strips Bacon, Cooked Crispy & Crumbled
* 1/4 C. Red Onion, diced
* 1 C. Halved Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
* 1/2 TSP Salt
* 1/2 TSP Pepper
* Handful of Chopped Cilantro
* Preheat Oven (375*F for regular crust, 450* for hashbrown crust.)
* Prep your pie crust.
- If you went the frozen crust route, cook it for 15 minutes or so until the crust is set but before it gets golden.
- If you went for hashbrown crust: mix your hashbrowns with the butter and then pat into the pie tin base and up sides of dish to create a pie shape. Bake at 450*F for 30 min (or until golden brown all around) .
Next, put in the solid ingredients (spinach, onion, tomatoes, bacon) into your quiche crust.
In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour this mix over the solid ingredients into the pie crust.
Place quiche on a baking sheet and bake at 350*F for 40-50 minutes. When you pull it out the center should not quite be set, allow it to sit and cool on the counter another 10-15 minutes and the center should be set when it's done.